Effect is more prolonged than Suxamethonium. This has a reversal agent
- Check BNF or equivalent for UpToDate prescribing advice
Mode of action
- Non-depolarising muscle relaxant
- Most common one used for RSI
- Reversal agent available
- For Adult : 0.6 mg/kg IV maintenance 0.15 mg/kg, by intravenous infusion maintenance 0.3-0.6 mg/kg/hour, adjusted according to response.
- For Elderly: Initially 0.6 mg/kg IV maintenance 0.075-0.100 mg/kg, alternatively (by IV infusion) maintenance up to 0.4 mg/kg/hour, adjusted according to response.
- Burns, Heart disease, electrolyte disturbances
- Fluid disturbances, hypothermia, myasthenia gravis
- Flushing; hypotension
- Bronchospasm; hypersensitivity; skin reactions; tachycardia