Leriche syndrome was named after Rene Leriche, a famous French surgeon who operates on a case of Leriche syndrome!
- It is due to thrombotic occlusion of the abdominal aorta just above the site of its bifurcation.
- Due to aortoiliac disease as pudendal artery comes off internal iliac
- Fatigue of both lower limbs
- Intermittent buttock ischaemic pain
- Erectile impotence
- Absent or diminished femorals
- Buerger's disease, Arteritis
- FBC, U&E, Glucose, Hba1C, ESR, ECG
- Best medical management for PVD
- Consider angioplasty
- Aortoiliac endarterectomy (TEA) and aortobifemoral bypass (AFB).