Urgent medical help if Fever > 38° C, chills, breathless, Significant bleeding from nose, mouth, vagina, rectum that will does not stop within 15 minutes.
- The tyrosine kinase inhibitor imatinib, is used in chronic myeloid leukaemia
Mode of action
- Selective tyrosine kinase inhibitor
- Signal transductase inhibitor
- Blocks the bcr/abl protein from inducing cell growth.
- CML with Philadelphia chromosome in chronic phase.
- Ph+ CML in blast crisis, accelerated phase, or chronic phase after failure of interferon-alpha therapy.
- Adult patients with relapsed or refractory Ph+ ALL
- Adult patients with myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases (MDS/MPD) associated with PDGFR gene rearrangements.
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumours that are C-kit positive.
- Dose: Imatinib OD/BD PO
Cautions: Advise Urgent medical help if
- Fever > 38° C
- Chills, breathless
- Significant bleeding from nose, mouth, vagina, rectum that will
not stop within 15 minutes.
- Panytopenia, Nausea and vomiting, Oedema, Cramps and bone pain
- Diarrhoea, Bleeding, Rash, Fever